Lodi Blooms' mission is to provide people the opportunity to develop an intimate relationship with modern agriculture. It is of our opinion that this includes fulfilling an essential human need for outdoor activity. The Lodi Blooms U-Pick Orchard Experience is classified as a fruit stand and, as such, an essential business providing food for people. We will be open for the 2020 cherry season and, with the responsibility of ensuring a safe environment to minimize and mitigate the spread COVID-19, we will implement the following procedures.
First and foremost, a heartfelt request that everyone enjoying the orchard (guests and employees) practice common sense and adherence to the guidelines outlilned by our government. Here is a link to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and its prevention recommendations https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/prevention.html
- The orchard will be organized for one-way visitor traffic.
- The total number of people allowed in the orchard will be regulated to allow for appropriate physical distancing. To assist our guests in spatial awareness we remind guests (both here and in the orchard) that our trees are spaced 12-feet to 17-feet apart.
- All picking buckets will be sanitized before each use and will be lined with a new bag for each guest.
- Our employees will be issued cherry fabric face masks.
- Hand washing stations are provided for employees and customers.
- Our weigh station and cashier area will be outfitted with touchless credit card checkout.
- For those who want Lodi Blooms cherries but do not feel uncomfortable picking, we will be provide same-day Orchardside Pick-Up during our U-Pick season. You may place an order via our “Shop” section here on our website.
The Chinchiolo Family
Statement updated on May 8, 2020 and is subject to change.