Lodi Blooms opens its cherry orchard to the general public to pick cherries when they are at their peak flavor. This is usually from mid May to mid June. Read below for pricing information, frequently asked questions and rules. Hope to see you in the orchard soon!
PARKING - Free
ENTRANCE FEE - Free
PRICE / LBS
Please note prices may vary weekly depending on market conditions.
U-PICK - $5.00 per lbs.*
PRE-PICKED Cherries - $6 per lbs.
Answers to your FAQs
When are you open?
We open when the cherries ripen, usually the first or second week of May, and we’ll be open for approximately 3 to 4 weeks. Our hours are generally Thursday through Sunday, although if a lot of fruit is ripe at the same time, we will sometimes be open on Mondays and Tuesdays. The hours we are open is usually 11am to 5pm. Check our homepage for actual hours.
What variety of cherries do you have?
We have delicious Bings, Corals, Brooks and Tulares.
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept cash only & credit card.
Where do we park? Is there a parking fee?
We have plenty of parking at the orchard grounds, all free.
Are there restrooms?
Yes, portable restrooms.
Is there an entry fee?
No, entry and parking is free.
Can we have picnics? Bring my dog?
No. Picnics and animals are not allowed in the orchard, except service dogs with their certified harnesses and registration cards.
How do we know which cherries are ripe, and which to pick?
If not sure, please ask us! We’ll be happy to teach you what to look for. You’ll need to buy what you pick, so be sure it’s the ripeness you like! Our orchards greeters will direct you to the buckets and bags (the bag to take your cherries home in), and point you towards the rows and lanes of cherry picking open that day.
Are ladders provided?
Generally no, however, at certain times in the season ladders may be provided if cherries cannot be picked from the ground.
What else should we know?
- Wear comfortable shoes, the orchard grounds are very uneven and full of tufts of grass, and watering trenches.
- Please don’t let children climb the trees – the limbs will break.
- It can be warm in Lodi in late Spring; be sure to wear layers, bring water, hats and sunscreen.
- Do not bring ice chests, coolers or backpacks. Buckets will be provided to
- No climbing in trees or pulling down branches.
- Keep children with you at all times
- No drugs, alcohol or cigarettes in the orchard.
- When ladders are provided, children under the age of 18 are not allowed to climb the ladders. Do not climb on the very top step of the ladder.