FAQs and Rules
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
When are you open?
We open when the cherries ripen, usually the first or second week of May, and remain open for approximately 3 to 4 weeks of the season. Our hours are generally Friday through Sunday 9am to 4pm. Visit our homepage for actual hours and news and updates or give us call.
What variety of cherries do you have?
We grow the delicious Bing, Brooks, Coral Champagne, Lapin, and Tulare cherries in our orchard.
What forms of payment are accepted?
We accept cash and credit card.
Where do we park and is there a fee for parking?
We have plenty of parking at the orchard grounds and parking is free.
Are restrooms available?
Yes, there are portable restrooms on-site.
Is there a fee to enter the orchard?
Can we have picnics?
No. At this time, we are unable to accommodate picnics or other manner of extended congregating.
Can we bring dogs/pets?
No. Except for registered service dogs leashed on certified harnesses and managed by handler, no other pets or animals are allowed in the orchard.
How do we know which cherries are ripe and ready to pick?
If you're not sure, please ask us! Our orchard educators are happy to explain and to share information with you. Remember, you are buying what you are picking, so be sure that you pick based on the perfect ripeness for you! Our orchard educators will get you set-up with bag-lined buckets and will point you in direction of the designated rows which are open for picking on the day you arrive.
Are ladders provided?
Generally, you will not need a ladder to pick. Our trees are trained such that much of the fruit is within reach. However, at certain times in the season, ladders may be needed if cherries are out of reach. In those instances, yes, we have low ladders available on-site.
What else should we know?
- Wear comfortable shoes, ideally closed-toe. The orchard grounds are uneven and full of tufts of grass and watering trenches.
- Please do not climb the trees. Please do not allow children to climb the trees.
- It can be warm in Lodi in late Spring. We suggest that you wear layers and we recommend that you wear hats and sunscreen. Plus, we suggest that you bring water.
- Do not bring ice chests, coolers. or backpacks. Buckets will be provided to you for picking.
- Do not climb the trees or pull down the branches.
- Keep children with you at all times.
- In the event that a ladder is needed, we will provide it. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to climb the ladders. Never climb to the very top step of our ladders.
- Absolutely no drugs, alcohol, or smoking of any kind at the orchard grounds.